A Time For Reflection
Juror - Barbara Applegate
Deadline - October 11, 2021
“To the body and mind which have been cramped by noxious work or company, nature is medicinal and restores their tone. The tradesman, the attorney comes out of the din and craft of the street and sees the sky and the woods, and is a man again. In their eternal calm, he finds himself.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Huntington Arts Council invites artists to participate in A Time For Reflection”. Entries should focus on landscape works revolving around the theme of reflection and identity
All artists and all media.
Entries must be original to entrant. Framed entries require hanging wire. Submission materials cannot be returned. Selected works are chosen by the juror. No more than two works per artist are selected.
Flat works - not to exceed 48 inches in any direction. Standing work - no higher than 72 inches. Video work - not to exceed 50mg file size.
- First three entries: Artist Circle Members $30, Non-members $40, Full-time Students $25, JOURNEY* Partner High School Students $15 (See school districts included below)
- Addt'l entries $5 ea.
- *JOURNEY Partner High School (Districts Included 2020-2021 School Year): Cold Spring Harbor CSD , Commack UFSD, Harborfields CSD, Huntington UFSD, Kings Park CSD, Northport-East Northport USFD, Plainview-Old Bethpage CSD, South Huntington UFSD
No more than two works per artist will be selected. Submitters will receive an email notification.
The Huntington Arts Council retains a 25% commission on all work sold.
Liability and Insurance
All works are insured while in the possession of the Huntington Arts Council.
- Submissions Due: October 11, 2021
- Email Acceptance: October 25, 2021
- Reception: TBD
- Show Runs: November 19 - December 18, 2021
- Pick Up: December 20, 2021
- Digital Submissions only - digital images must be no larger than 7mb (300 dpi, 2400 pixels on the longest side.) *Image title and/or artwork file name must not contain your name in order to maintain anonymity for the juror.
- Click here to download the paper prospectus.
For more information on this exhibition, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to obtain Artist Membership, please click here!
Technical difficulties? Please contact Submittable at 855-467-8264.